Saturday, April 11, 2009

A break from the sugary sweetness

I love treats. Obviously.

However, what good is sweetness without the sour? If we did not know hate, would we know love? Without an enemy would we value friendship?

Of course not.

I have been focussing on the treats in my life. All while a brief email from someone I knew in the past shook me back into reality.

I may be in love with the greatest man on the planet. He might treat me like a princess, but if I don't remember the boys who didn't treat me like he does, I'll never really appreciate him. I'd grow complacent in his love.

The email was from one of those who didn't see my beauty the same way Hubs does. He didn't see my value. He didn't realise my potential.

I may have cared about him long ago, but now? no thank you.

I choose Hubs everyday anyday over you and your kind Mr. ukboy.

1 comment:

ScoMan said...

It's true. I've told people many times without experiencing moments of sadness you would never appreciate your happiness.

The world needs opposites so that we can enjoy the good all the more.