Monday, January 5, 2009

Things that make me blush...

The Fi and I are currently undergoing pre-wedding counselling with our pastor. It has been a very enriching experience as we look at the biblical view of marriage. The Fi and I have chosen to align our marriage as closely as we can with the biblical standard. Not that I will be pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen though! I have chosen to allow him to be the responsible party for our family and household, and I will take the position of assistant and helper role in the management of our home.

We are old fashioned about marriage and have also decided to keep various other special things only for marriage.

Our pastor has given us an assignment whereby we have to purchase items that the other person would normally purchase. merrr.

Just thinking of buying these are making me blush. I don't blush easily but when the impending post-nuptials are concerned I light up like a freakin' stoplight.

Hello, my name is Elizabeth and I am scared of the impending humiliation.

I'd rather share my personal life with 10,00 strangers than walk into the store right now.

4 comments:

ScoMan said...

Thank you for sharing the tales with us! And good luck handling the embarrassment!

Random Hiccups said...

It's always a pleasure sharing my awkwardness with you!

Kimberly said...

how funny. I suppose, in the same situation, I too, would be embarrassed. Good luck to you!!

Mikki Black said...

Been there. Felt the pain. (It's not so bad...)

Just stopped by from SITS to say hello! So...

Hello!