Due to the craziness that continues across the country as we are still on holiday, I have had a really difficult time sitting down and focussing enough to write something worth your time.
This has technically always been my problem. When have I not wasted you time? Maybe
And that's because I didn't even write it!
Today is the 31st, despite my own constant forgetfulness about the date. It is indeed the final day of 2008, a year overflowing with joy, happiness, friends and family.
I found this questionnaire here. Her blog is great. Give it a read because she is funnier and a better speller than I.
1.What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Being proposed to. Had a *severe* wardrobe malfunction. Went to university. Got a Ta too.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I make the same resolutions every year. Every year I fail miserably. Next year I will probably make them once again... I am just that sadistic.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No! The group of us married (slash me being soon-to-marry) girls are all waiting to see which one will fall preggo first. They have all been married a year or two longer so they shoudl get on it!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thankfully God has been gracious.
5. What countries did you visit?
Mozambique and The Free State. I am pretty sure The Free State is it's own strange and backwards country.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A Husband. A South African Driving Licence. A smaller butt.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16 August, the day that the Fi proposed. *sigh*
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This. It's one more step away from her.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I lost my wit. Here I can just link this entire blog...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sprained ankle twice. Several icky flus and colds. Multiple mystery bruises and the most recent unknown injury to my toe that has left it purple and in pain.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My tattoo. It's my constant reminder to breathe life in.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Cope. Next year South Africans might actually have a Democratic election and a chance to break away from the corruption of the ANC.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The choice of the US election candidates.
14. Where did most of your money go?
University and the revolving items. And developing pictures.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Sting. His music was the soundtrack for my year at university.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier definitely. I'm probably the same size. And most definitely poorer in money. But I am most definitely richer in other areas of my life.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I enjoyed res more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less stressing about Spanish!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the family and the Fi. Chilling SA style.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Whose Wedding is it Anyway, Grey's Anatomy and Army Wives
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Probably. I am a really not-nice person most days. But lucky for them I am also a terribly forgetful one as well.
24. What was the best book you read?
eh, I read a lot of books this year. The best one? Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles were actually surprisingly good. I had not read a book like that before and really enjoyed it.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Wind it by Jody. Can't get that song out of my head despite hate/loving it
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A discontinuation of country music.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Were there any great films of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 20 and went on a picnic with the Fi and the family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A licence or maybe the set box of Greys.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
This year my personal fashion consisted of the "I'm too broke to buy clothes" look, combined with the "I live at res and res food sucks so bad that I am putting on weight and don't really have anything to wear" look, followed by the "I am no longer in res and losing weight and can't keep my clothes on"
32. What kept you sane?
Weekly phone calls from the Fi. Dancing with the flatmates. Chilling with my gnomies.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
South African politics always stirs me up.
35. Who did you miss?
Meeka the BFF
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met the most incredible group of girls that I lived with.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Things don't always work out the way we planned but sometimes better!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"That was when I ruled the World"